Privacy Statement – Bach Choir of Wellington – July 2021
We at The Bach Choir of Wellington respect your privacy and are committed to safeguarding and preserving your privacy. This Privacy statement explains what happens to any personal data that you provide to us. You can be assured that any information you supply by which you can be identified will be used only in accordance with this privacy statement.
We will update this Statement from time to time so please review it as the need arises.
Information We Collect
In running our organisation, we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Name, and contact information including email address.
- Demographic information such as Suburb and Town of residence, preferences and interests.
- Other information relevant to your relationship with us, projects, and upcoming events.
- Information about your use of our internet-based resources, including details of your visits such as pages visited.
- Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you register for information, complete forms or surveys and/or take up offers.
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any other means.
Use of Your Information
We use the information that we collect from you to provide our services to you. In addition to this we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide information to you that you request from us relating to our services.
- To forward you additional information relating to other services that may be of interest to you. Such information will only be provided where you have consented to receive it.
- To inform you of any changes to our website, or our activities.
- If you have previously accessed services from us we may provide to you details of similar services that you may be interested in.
- For any purposes to which you have provided consent.
Where any of the above applies your consent for us to hold your information can be withdrawn by you at any time.
A cookie is a small file that resides on your computer and is recognised by our server when you visit our website. A cookie does not provide us with any personally identifiable information. It does provide details of your Internet Provider (IP) address, the computer platform that you use, the browser that you use, and what domain you are accessing our sites from. With this information we can do the following:
- Track traffic patterns to our site.
- Ensure that the most relevant content is being shown.
- Allow you to enter certain site member services without having to log in each time you visit.
Storing Your Personal Data
Data we collect from you will commonly be located on external systems for processing and storing (Email, data files etc). We rely on external providers to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data is stored securely. By providing your personal data to us, you agree to this.
Disclosing Your Information
We will not disclose your personal information to any other party other than in accordance with this Privacy Statement and in the circumstances detailed below:
- You have authorised us to disclose it.
- Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information.
- To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
Third Party Links
We use Mailchimp as our email marketing platform. By subscribing to the mailing list, you acknowledge that your information will be transferred to Mailchimp for processing. Learn more about Mailchimp’s privacy practices here.
Access To Information
In accordance with the Privacy Act 2020 you have the right to access any information that we hold relating to you.